Aims and Objectives
‘I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.’
We are very proud of our mission statement, which is at the heart of all that we do. We are a secure, friendly and faith-centered community. We seek to realise the full potential of all our family through the living love of Christ.
All our work, with children and their families, staff, governors, parishioners and the wider community, is influenced by our core values:
These values are underpinned by Oscar Romero’s vision:
To be more compassionate.
To be more respectful.
To be more resilient.
We promote these values through our words and deeds. Our Catholic doctrine and practice permeates every aspect of our school’s activity.
• To create a community that treats others the way we want to be treated (Matthew 7:12).
• To put Christ and our children at the heart of all we do.
• To provide a warm welcome to all.
• To build a happy, safe school filled with love and pride where children are excited to arrive and learn each day.
• To create and develop a curriculum which encourages children to say, “I can” rather than, “I can’t” (‘Together we can do great things.’ St Teresa).
• To foster a lifelong love of learning to ensure all children are given the opportunity to achieve their God-given potential.
• To ensure every child has the opportunity to become a thinker, leader, organiser, communicator, explorer, creator, inventor, performer and artist.
• To build a worshipping community that nurtures and supports each child in their journey of faith.
• To aspire to form an ever-stronger relationship with Christ.
• To we walk hand in hand with Him, striving for excellence in all we do.
• To deliver outstanding Catholic education for children which is rich in content and has high challenge with low risk.
• To create a secure and welcoming environment based on Gospel Values where everybody feels valued and is treated with dignity and respect.
• To recognise every child is made in the image and likeness of God, therefore striving to do our best for God through every single child.
• To support the sacramental preparation of First Holy Communion and Reconciliation.
• To raise money for our chosen charities.
• To study and embrace other faiths and cultures.
These objectives are built on the firm belief that God continually guides us and gives us what we need.